1st Edition of an international competition
Excelentia Stars Classic Festival (Madrid, Spain)
Fundacion Excelentia launches the next November 2016 a new musical project that will be a step further in its activities and in the organization of innovative musical events.
Excelentia Stars Classic Festival is planned as an international summit where the new generation of rising stars of classical music will meet to play concerts in some of the main concert halls in Spain, get inspiring by international artists and mentors that will help them to develop their talent, expand their networking meeting fellow young artists and important artist agencies and musical promoters.
This very first edition of the Excelentia Stars Classic Festival will be focus on the violin. 12 rising stars violinist, carefully selected, will be invited to Madrid to participate in this international event, performing concerts with orchestra and recitals, receiving coaching by renowned international artists and professors, participating in meetings with leading agencies and music promoters; a busy schedule that will help to develop their talent and launch their international career.
At the end of the activity, one of the participants will receive a prize of 10,000 euros and two concerts with symphony orchestra and professional counseling, in order to help this young talent in his/her musical career.
The 1st Edition of the Excelentia Stars Classic Festival will take place between 4th November and 12th November 2016 in Madrid, Spain. It is open to violinists of all nationalities who will be between 16 and 33 years of age at the time of the Festival.
Application form must be downloaded from the web, fully completed and submitted with all supplemental materials. All materials and application must be received by 1st June 2016 in the following adress;
Excelentia Stars Classical Festival
Violin Edition 2016
C/ Potosi 10 Bajo A
28016 Madrid (Spain)
Enclosed with the application form must be the following:
- A copy of the applicant’s passport OR proof of age (copy of the applicant’s birth certificate) indicating that the applicant was born after 1st of October 1983 and before 13th October 2000.
- One letter of recommendation by musical authorities familiar with the applicant’s achievements or applicant teacher. This letter must be written to specifically recommend the applicant to the Excelentia Stars Classic Festival.
Recommendation letters may accompany the application or may be sent under separate cover
- A CV with detailed info about artistical applicant activities and a Youtube Link or DVD recording, maximum length of 45 minuts, with free repertory; unedited and recorded in the last year.
- A non-refundable application fee of 100€ must be submitted by wire transfer or credit card, payable to Excelentia Stars Classic Festival, IBAN Account IBAN ES33 0049 2862 6520 1460 8974. ,SWIFT/BIC BSCHESMMXXX (Banco Santander).
- List of repertory following the instructions of the present rules
- A Selection Comitee formed by Javier Martí, President of the Fundacion Excelentia and the International Mentors will be on charge to select the active participants in the Festival.
- Applicants will be informed whether or not they have been accepted as participants in the Festival by email no later than June 30th 2016.
Only 12 young rising stars violinist will be selected to participate in this 1st edition of the Excelentia Stars Classic Festival.
All those 12 violinist will participate in an intense schedule of concerts, coaching sessions, meeting and promo activities in Madrid from 4th to 12th November 2016. The selected violinist should plan their arrival in Madrid the 3rd November 2016 and departure the 13th November 2016.
Selected participants will need to participate in:
- Solo concerts with orchestra
- Violin/piano recitals
- Masterclass and coaching sessions designed for them by the Organization and the Mentors and International Artists
- Other formative and promotional activities designed by the Organization of the Competition
The 12 selected violinist will participate the 5th and 6th November in the Opening Galas with chamber orchestra and from 7th to 10th November will participate in a recital series and have coaching sessions with several international mentors and artists.
After that, 3 young violinists will be selected for participate in the Final Gala Concert with symphonic orchestra playing a big romantic concerto. At the end of this Gala, Fundacion Excelentia will announce the candidate that will be awared with the Special Prize of this 1st Edition.
The repertory and the tentative schedule are explained in the next epigraph
REPERTOIRE and SCHEDULE
Tentative schedule of activities is as follow
- Thursday 3rd. Arrival day for selected participants
- Friday 4th. Meeting and orchestra rehearsals
- Saturday 5th. Rehearsals and Gala Concert I with Orchestra (6 violinist)
- Sunday 6th. Rehearsals and Gala Concert II with Orchestra (6 violinist)
- Monday 7th to Thursday 10th. Coaching sessions and recital concerts violin/piano
- Friday 11th. Rehearsals with Orchestra for Romantic Concert (3 selected finalists only)
- Saturday 12th. Final Gala and Award Ceremony
- Sunday 13th. Departure day for participants
Final and detailed schedule will be sent to selected candidates.
The candidates need to send a list of repertory for the different concerts/galas as follow. After their acceptance in the competition and in coordination between the organization and the international mentors, the selected candidates will receive a mail with the exact repertory they need to prepare for the concerts not later than 30th June 2016.
REPERTORY GALA CONCERTS 5TH and 6TH NOVEMBER
All participants will play at least one solo piece with a chamber orchestra in one of the Opening Galas scheduled for the 5th and 6th November. Candidates will need to send a list with at least three pieces that enclose some of the pieces listed below. Organization, in coordination with the International Mentors will choose which piece will play the candidate between their preference list repertory.
- Vivaldi Four Seasons (ordered by preference)
- A baroque concerto for violin and string orchestra (Bach, Tartini, Vivaldi, Locateli…)
- A virtuoso piece (that will be played in version for violin and string orchestra)
- Sarasate: Zigoneweiser op 20
- Sarasate: Carmen Fantasy op 25
- Paganini: Carnaval de Venezia
- Paganini: Moses Variations
- Wieniawski: Faust Fantasy
- Kreisler: Preludio and Allegro
- Saint Saens: Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
- Tchaikovsky: Meditation from Souvenir de un Lieu Cher
REPERTORY RECITALS VIOLIN/PIANO
The participants will play in one of the recitals scheduled during the Festival. In those recitals the young violinist will play one sonata for violin and piano and a piece for solo violin choosen between their preference list by the organization in coordination with the international mentors.
Candidates will need to send a list of tentative repertory that enclose
- A minimum of 2 sonatas (max. 4 options) in order of preference, from the standard repertory for violin and piano (Beethoven, Mozart, Faure, Frank, Grieg, Debussy, Ravel, Strauss, Prokofiev, Brahms, Janacek, etc)
- A minimum of 2 piece for solo violin (max. 4 options) in order or preference choose between one of the Ysaye Sonatas, Paganini Caprices, Kreisler Recitativo and Scherzo, Ernst Last Rose of the Summer, Milstein Paganiniana or similar.
FINAL GALA CONCERT
After all the concerts, coaching and formative sessions, the Mentors and International Experts invited by the Organization will choose 3 young violinist for the Final Gala that will be held with symphonic orchestra Orquestra Clasica Santa Cecilia the 12th November, to play a romantic violin concerto.
All candidates need to choose a concerto from the following list to play if they are selected for the final concert
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 61
- Johannes Brahms – Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 77
- Nicolo Paganini – Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 6
- Felix Mendelssohn – Violin Concerto in e minor, Op. 64
- Jean Sibelius – Violin Concerto in d minor, Op. 47
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35
MENTORS AND INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS.
Fundacion Excelentia will invite a group of international mentors. Those mentors will be on charge to selected the active participants of the Festival between the applications, coaching them during their stay in Madrid, giving them technical and artistical advices to prepare their concerts during the week in Madrid and their future development and professional careers.
The Mentors for this First Edition of Excelentia Stars Classic Festival are:
- Pavel Vernikov
- Paul Kantor
- Qian Zhou
- Svetlana Makarova
- Koichiro Harada
Fundacion Excelentia will invite also leading music managers, agencies and musical promoters for meetings with young artists during the Festival. More details will be followed to selected candidates and in this web during summer 2016.
CONDITIONS AND PRIZES
The Prizewinner of the First edition of the Excelentia Stars Classic Festival will be awared with an economical prize 10,000 euros and 2 concerts with symphonic orchestra in the following seasons of the Fundacion Excelentia in Spain.
Fundacion Excelentia might offert the CD Recording to the Prizewinner Violinist with Orchestra Santa Cecilia upon agreement of repertory and conditions
Fundacion Excelentia might add any complementary invitation to other talented participant not awared with the 1st Prize to the Fundacion Excelentia Concert Seasons upon recommendation of the mentors and international experts.
The prize will be awarded at the Gala Concert, and the laureate must be present to receive them. All fees after expenses for concert engagements resulting from and arranged by the
Prizes will be awarded in full to the prizewinners. These engagements are not commissionable to the winners’ current or future artist managements.
Fundacion Excelentia will offer free housing to the 12 selected candidates in a Hotel in Madrid based in double room housing.
Fundacion Excelentia will not offer travel reimbursements. Fundacion Excelentia will not offer meal plan or reimbursements of meal expenses to selected participans.
The Festival will not offer accommodation to anyone accompanying a participant. Arrangements for such persons are the sole responsibility of the participants.
By submitting the application, participants give the Fundación Excelentia unrestricted rights to broadcast, record, televise, and film their performances during the Festival.
Decisions on awards made by the Organization of the Festival and experts are indisputable and must be respected as such by participating candidates. By sending the application, candidates accept all regulations set by the Organization for this event.
Pianists of the highest caliber will be provided for all participants to play in the recital concerts. Participants may choose to bring their own pianists, but at their own expense and informing in advance to the organization.
The winner will also be given membership to the exclusive Excelentia International Club, whose members include some of the best music professionals from all over the globe in order to increase the networking and help the future career development of the prizewinner
For any inquire regarding rules, application process, etc please contact us in the mail email@example.com